Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anger, Romans 12 & Me

I love a good argument. If it's something worth fighting for, then count me in. I've think I have gotten pretty good at judging whether or not it's really worth it, except for in the parenting area. I have found myself 'having to always be right' just because I am the parent.
In July we will be the parents of four teenagers. May God have mercy on us. They are completely different. We cannot parent one like we parent the others & I have finally realized that sometimes, it's just not worth it. Does it really matter or am I just fighting this fight, just to win or is it something that truly is worth fighting for?
Which brings me to Romans 12...... I am in a women's Sunday school class at church. (Grace Point Community- Hwy. 14) We are using the book 'The Frazzled Female' by Cindi Wood. When I heard this title, it described me to a tee. I AM a frazzled female, in every way. We started getting into the book & I really have learned to just 'let go' of some things. One of the lessons in the study book said to read Romans 12. Well, I started reading Romans 12 & amazing things started to happen with me. I got calmer with the way I speak, I started applying verse 18 to my life & it's just amazing how much happier with life in general that I am now. I walk away from situations Romans 12:18 says:


If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.


That was 3 weeks ago & I am still reading Romans 12 every day & it has worked! I don't argue just to be right. Of course, the kids think I'm nuts, because when they start to fight I'll just say, "Romans 12!!!" They say, 'What?!?!?' When they try to get to me, I say, "Romans 12!!!"
If you are struggling with anger, I encourage you to read Romans 12 everyday. It will change your relationships with everyone that you come in contact with.



2 comments:

  1. I am starting today... or in the morning... to read Romans 12 because I DO struggle with taking my anger out on the boys and its something I am shameful of. Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you Tonya!

    ReplyDelete